AirTEP – CIVIL
For the benefit of Civil Defense units, AirTEP is a unique piece of equipment improving rescue capabilities of the operators in all emergency situations.
• Airborne: designed for any helicopter
• Versatile: all situations in disaster conditions
• Quick: rescue of 100 civilians in less than an hour
• Efficient: 10 people per sortie
The AirTEP is deployed 25 meters below the helicopter. The descent and opening are entirely controlled by the load master.
The dropping phase is not longer than 10 seconds.
Under the supervision of the rescue team, civilians are secured by a safety belt hooked to the mast.
The capacity is 10 civilians. The AirTEP is also suitable for two stretchers, appropriate MEDEVAC personnel and equipment.
Being folded in cabin, the AirTEP allows the rescue team to fly at maximum speed of the helicopter to the disaster area and to carry medical equipment on board simultaneously.
The AirTEP being unfolded for flight, evacuation flight is performed at 100 kts. Flight stability is outstanding: no pitching nor gyratory effect.
Critical helicopter rescue operations (Fire fighting, Naturel Disaster, Search and Rescue) can be managed with great benefit by all units using the AirTEP (Airborne Tactical Extraction Platform).
Compared to the hoist, AirTEP enables a significantly better Victims per Sortie ratio and therefore saves hours of flight for pilots and the aircraft.
Search and Rescue
Mass Casualty Situations
Maximum indicated speed
Deployment and Extraction
Medical Cargo and/or people
- Safe Working Load: 1 500 Kg
- Weight: 53 Kg
- Storage and transportation: collapsible
- Qualification: compliant with airborne regulations MIL-STD
- Approval: designed and approved for various helicopter platforms
- Life time: 15 years
- Environmental Range: -30°C to +50°C
- Sea-water resistant and fireproof